Aftershokz Trekz Air
When the opportunity came to test out and review the Aftershokz Trekz Air headphones, I was excited! I was already VERY familiar with the Trekz Titanium headphones and was curious to find out for myself what the differences were between them.
Problem: I wanted wireless headphones that:
- Didn't have any parts that could fall out or off the headphones
- Didn't fall out of my ear during my workout
- Had good sound
- Easy to operate while working out
- Felt light while wearing them
What you see when you open the Aftershokz Air box
Review: I was a bit skeptical about how well the Aftershokz Trekz Air wireless headphones would work. I already had a lot of questions.
- Would it be easy to pair with my cell phone?
- It was really easy to pair with my cell phone. I had it paired within a few minutes of getting them out of the box.
- Would it be easy to pair with my Garmin watch?
- Very similar process and experience for paring them with my Garmin watch. It was very easy to do.
- How long does a full charge last?
- Aftershokz claims the battery life is 6 hours, which is around what I experienced. I was able to make it through 3 days of workouts (1-2 hours for each workout).
- Does it take a long time to charge?
- I found it doesn't take long at all to give them a full charge. After a few days of workouts, they were fully charged again within an hour.
- How difficult is it to power on and power off?
- The power button is easy to find on the right side of the headphones. I was able to power on and power off while I was running or walking.
- Is it difficult to change the volume level up or down during a workout?
- It was really easy to change the volume level during my workouts. The volume buttons are on the right and are really easy to find without looking for them.
- How difficult is it to change songs?
- This one was a bit tricky. I knew there was a larger Multifunction button on the left that was easy to find that had a lot of different functions. The manual says that single button can control play/pause and skip to next song. I kept getting into the phone options when I was pressing the button.
- With the speaker on the outside of your ear, how clear would the sound be?
- The sound was actually really good. I found it can vary depending on where exactly you have the headphones positioned. If you have them positioned right on your cheekbones, you get a better overall sound experience.
- Would I still be able to hear everything around me while a song is playing?
- I didn't have the headphones playing at a really high volume and I was able to hear the song playing really well, while still being able to hear everything around me.
- Would the headphones stay put during the entire workout? What about when I was sweating?
- I was surprised at how well the headphones stayed put. They never slid down my head while I was running. Even more surprising, they stayed put while I was stretching. I thought they would slide off while I was in downward dog yoga pose.
- Would I be able to wear a hat at the same time and be comfortable?
- I was able to wear a baseball hat winter hat and not have it interfere with where the headphones were. It didn't matter if I had my hat on forward or backward. The headphones didn't move from the original position before I put my hat on.
- How heavy are they?
- The Trekz Air are 1.06 oz. I could tell a difference between the weight of them compared to the Trekz Titanium. This isn't to say the Trekz Titanium headphones are really heavy. Before I tried the Trekz Air, I thought the Trekz Titanium were really light. The Trekz Air weigh 20% less than the Trekz Titanium.
Aftershokz Trekz Air in Midnight Blue color
Specifications: Here are the specifications of the Trekz Air headphones
Verdict: I really love the Aftershokz Trekz Air Wireless headphones! They allow for a great wireless way to connect to your phone or watch to listen to music, while still being able to hear your surroundings. The Trekz Air are light weight were I don't really notice them while running. These have quickly become my favorite headphones!
*NOTE: I did not try the phone features. I only wear them when I am working out and I don't take any calls
As part of reviewing the Aftershokz Trekz Air headphones, Aftershokz sent a pair of Trekz Titaniums to give as a gift as part of #GiveGoodVibes campaign.
Aftershokz Trekz Titanium #GiveGoodVibes
It was easy to know who I would be gifting these to. My cousin recently started running and was listening to music with a pair of headphones that were falling apart and he was having to constantly adjust them during his run. These would work out perfect for him! Being able to gift these to him now was good timing. He was starting to train for his spring half marathon soon. Having headphones that are wireless, didn't have any parts that could fall off during a run, and ability to hear the surrounding area makes a difference during training. I knew he would LOVE these! I was going to meet up over the holidays and give them to him in person, but we were unable due to illness. He will be getting these in the mail soon and will be in time for him to start his spring half marathon.