Sabre Runner Pepper Gel with Adjustable Hand Strap Review
Problem: Almost all of the running I do is outdoors. Many of these runs are on a trail or near a wooded area. These areas are beautiful to run in, but can have hidden challenges. Even though I always try to be aware of my surroundings by having my eyes scan the area around me, I never know what could be coming out on the path in front of me, or something chasing behind me. This is where Sabre Defense Spray: The Runner can help!
Sabre Defense Spray: The Runner
Product Overview (courtesy of Sabre Red.com):
- Would this be difficult to carry with me on a run?
- The spray bottle is contained in a pouch that has a hand strap. It's very lightweight and was very easy to carry with me during a run. Because it has a hand strap, I didn't even need to have my hand gripping it the entire run.
- Would I have to worry about accidentally spraying it during a run?
- There is no need to worry about accidentally spraying it during a run. Even if you have a tight grip on the spray with a thumb over the red part of it, you are unable to actually use the spray. This is a really nice feature to have, as the last thing runners need to worry about when running is accidentally spraying during a run.
- Is it difficult to use? Do you need two hands to use it?
- It's actually really easy to use! It's not something where you would accidentally use it either. All you need to do is use your thumb to slide the red top to the left. This allows the spray to be activated. To spray, you aim first (VERY IMPORTANT), then press down with your thumb to begin spraying.
The specifications of the Defense Spray: The Runner
- Would this help me feel more safe during a run?
- This did help me feel more safe during a run. Even though many people don't think guys need to be concerned about safety during a run, it's very important to me. The last thing I want to do during a run is to have someone attack me, or have an animal attack me. I like to know when I'm out for a run, I'm able to enjoy the run.
- You always need to be alert and aware of your surroundings when you go for a run. If you run in an area that you don't feel safe, the Sabre Defense Spray: The Runner is a great option to help ease your mind and let you enjoy the run. I found it easy to carry along with me while I was running and knew it wouldn't take long for me to use it if I did need to use it.