Sunday, July 19, 2015

How Would I Test?

During the day, my job is a software tester. I get to help make sure the program works and doesn't have bugs before customers use it.

I've been a software tester for over ten years. To me, testing software is both challenging and fun. Over the last couple weeks I was thinking about how a lot of the same ways I look at testing software could be used to test other things - like physical objects. Physical objects...like objects runners use.

I know there are obvious differences between testing software and testing a physical object - physical objects don't have a mouse or keyboard. Physical objects are things you can look, touch, feel, and smell.

What I'm going to do is take something runners often use and I will write a new post about how I would test it. I'm not sure how far I will go with this new idea, but it could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment