Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2019 Small Goals: Early Bedtime

The new year has officially started and many people have already made some new year's resolutions. I've never been big on them before. I always looked at it as "why wait until the new year, when you can just start doing things now?"

This year is different. There are small goals I want to try accomplishing this year. These goals are small, but will help make up my overall goal of improving myself over the year.

First small goal of 2019 is getting to bed earlier each night. I used to be good about this when my daughter was younger. I would be relaxed and tired by the time I'd get her to bed, I would go to bed not long after. My body knew what time it was each night. I never had to look at the clock.

To help get me back on track and to accomplish this goal, I have my phone set with an alarm for 30 minutes from when I want to get to bed. This will help remind me it's time to get in bed and give me enough time to get in bed. I already do this to help remind me of when it's time for my daughter to get in bed, so I'm already used to the alarm going off at night.

It's said it takes 6 weeks to make something a habit. I've got 42 days to work at this and make it become a habit. Once I accomplish this small goal, I will set another one and keep setting new small goals after I accomplish one until the end of 2019. It will be interesting to see how many small goals I'm able to accomplish by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment