Thursday, July 21, 2016

Let The Good Times Roll

I was out of action for a month due to a calf injury. Now that I'm all healed, it's back to work I go. This morning I finished my first tempo run in over a month. It felt really good to get the legs moving fast and hitting the target goal pace for each mile.

One change I'm really focusing on is pushing myself to run SLOWER for warm ups and cool downs on speed and strength days. Before I would run them at slow-ish pace, but after more research and learning, I was running too fast. I remind myself it's ok to run these slow. It's better to unleash the legs when it's called for. Warm ups and cool downs are not those times.

In other news, so far I have been successful with not drinking any pop or eating fast food. I made this commitment to myself at the end of June. I want to do as many things the 'right way' and see if it makes a difference with my training and races. Instead of pop, I have been making an effort to drink more water. It hasn't been easy. Changing habits is tough. I'm hoping this will be just like increasing miles - the more you work at it, the easier it will get.

So. For now. Let The Good Times Roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment