Thursday, August 9, 2018

Coming Back From My Recent Injury (part 1)

I believe I'm back at getting some miles in again. I was out for all of July due to a knee injury. It wasn't my left knee, thankfully. This was my right knee. I injured it while playing with my lilgirl. I knew something was up with my knee when I woke up and I couldn't straighten my leg and it felt like there was a vice around my knee.

First logical step - no more running miles. I've tried to follow the 'if you can't walk normal, you aren't running' logic. I don't want to cause further injury, so that first week I didn't do any running or go to the gym. During the day, I would take an extra walk around work or walk during my lunch to try helping my knee. After a few days of this, I wasn't seeing any improvements and was concerned there might be something more going on with my knee. I went to Urgent Care to get an x-ray done. I know an MRI would have been the most optimal, but at least an x-ray will help. The x-ray didn't show anything and they sent me home with a knee brace. The results from Urgent Care helped jump start my rehab plan. I was going to throw everything I learned about rehabbing a knee at it and see what happens.

Next up...(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment