Thursday, March 9, 2017

W10D3: I'm Back For More!!

I think taking things easy last week has helped both my mind and body get back on track. Taking time off from running or cutting back on miles to let the body heal can play games with the mind; not feeling like progress is being made or feeling like fitness is being lost.

This morning I still kept things on the easy side. I started the run with 0.25 at 6.0 mph to help gauge where my body was at. Things were going good, so I increased the pace to 6.7 mph and kept that pace going until I hit the 4th mile. I was still feeling good, so I increased the pace to 7.5 mph for the last 2 miles.

Because I had a late start to the day, after my run I only had enough time to get a good stretching session in. Felt good take the time and reward the body for making it through another run. I didn't use the BOSU ball or foam roller. I'll save that for next week (maybe earlier?). I want to focus on getting miles in again before throwing too much more at my body.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment