Monday, March 6, 2017

W10D1: Couple Days Off & Back At It Again

Took a couple days off to let the body heal. The right quad was still barking at me. I thought taking some time off would help. Better to rest now and be able to run again soon, rather than push it and stay injured for longer time.

Keeping things easy this morning, I ran 3 miles at 5.7 mph on the treadmill. Legs were feeling ok. I probably could have went for another mile, but pumped the brakes on that idea. I want to make sure I have my legs back to full health with race season almost here.

After my run, I spent a good 10 minutes stretching all things lower body. I didn't rush each stretch. It felt really good to get each stretch in. I'm glad I'm still seeing progress with my flexibility. I could tell a difference when I was done stretching. My legs were feeling much better!

Before calling it a day, I hit the weights for some strength training. I focused on upper body, hitting the biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, and back. I did get in some leg extensions with really light weight. I wanted to get some strength training done with my legs to help with recovery. All in all, it was a successful workout.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment