Monday, February 27, 2017

W9D1: Recovery Run Day...Yes Please!

This morning was a much needed recovery run. My body was a bit tired from the hard work it did - especially yesterday's 12.5 mile long run out in Lake Orion. I'll take full advantage of recovery days when they're available!

I made it to the gym at my usual time (5:15am) and shuffled my way to the treadmill. I got the pace set at 6.0 mph and let it ride. It took me about a mile to feel somewhat loose. I reminded myself to just get through the next 3 miles and the workout will be over. The miles didn't need to be fast, or even fast on the easy pace scale. 6.0 mph is on the slow pace side for me. Which again, I'll gladly take full advantage of. Monday's have been and always will be a recovery day for me.

After the run, I did a lot of stretching and foam roller work. I spent about 10 minutes working on the little aches and getting the body loose. It felt really good to put in the extra time for this. The foam roller wasn't that bad either. I think that's because I've been using it more often.

As much as I'd like to call it a day after stretching, I still put in some extra work. I did 2x25 squats on the BOSU ball. Included a few upper body strength training exercises too since it's been awhile that I've done them. Can't forget about the little things!

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment