Monday, February 6, 2017

W6D1: Let The Week Begin!

Wasn't sure I was going to get to the gym this morning. I wasn't feeling well yesterday. I took some meds and got to bed really early in hopes that helped. It must have done something good. I was still out of bed at the usual time and made it to the gym.

Today's run was 4 total miles. After yesterday's 7 mile long run, I wanted to keep things on the light side - especially since I wasn't feeling the best. I did try to keep the pace on the fast side of the easy pace scale. I ran 3 miles at 7.0 mph. Things were going well and I didn't feel like I was pushing the pace. I kicked things up a bit for 1 last mile at 7.2 mph. Again, I was feeling good and didn't feel like I was pushing the pace.

After the run, I made sure to take my time with stretching. I did a lot of static stretches, holding each one for 20 count. Even though my quads are feeling good, I still made use of the foam roller. I think I'll keep using the foam roller to help be proactive with keeping the quads happy.

I was debating on calling it a day after stretching. I was feeling good, but knew I was sick yesterday. I decided to get a bit more work done. I made use of the BOSU ball and got some squats in. My balance is definitely improving each time. I wasn't as shaky and was able to balance on it without problems. I used the yoga ball to get some crunches in and some knee ups. My abs were definitely feeling it.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment