Friday, February 3, 2017

W5D4: Made It To Friday (And Still Standing Too!!)

Made it to Friday!! I'm still standing and walking without any pain. I call that a successful week of training. Hopefully the extra work I've been doing for core, stretching, and HIT training is helping. I'll be keeping at all of that for awhile to see how well my body reacts and see what the payoff is.

Today's run was 5 total miles. I ran the first 4 miles at 6.0 mph at 0.5 incline. I was feeling good, relaxed and in control the entire time. The last mile I kicked it up a bit to 7.0 mph, and still keeping the 0.5 incline. I was still feeling good and probably could have done a few more miles. I had to remind myself those longer runs will come - don't push for them.

After the run, I got in a nice stretching session. Nothing was hurting, so there wasn't any one area of focus. I still made use of the foam roller for the quads. I want to help keep them loose and not have problems with them.

Next up was some HIT and weight training. I got a few minutes of planking done, using a yoga ball and dumbells to add resistance. Added some squats using the BOSU ball. I didn't add any dumbell weight yet. I'm still working on good form before adding more resistance. Closed out the day with some jump-ups on an elevated board. This is where from a standing position, I jump up to an elevated platform with both feet and then jump back down using both feet - repeat many times.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment