Friday, February 17, 2017

W7D4: Easy But Speedy Run

Today I had the day off. I still woke up early to get to the gym to get the run in. I was feeling good from yesterday's tempo run. I wanted to see if I could get 6 miles in 50 minutes. The challenge was on!

I started out with the treadmill at 7.0 mph. I thought that would be a good pace to start out with. The first couple miles went by and I was still feeling good and relaxed. After mile 3, I upped the speed to 7.3 mph and kept on trucking along. Things were still feeling good. I was looking at the time and what mile I was at and had to up my game if I wanted to beat the challenge. When mile 4 passed, I upped the speed again to 7.5 mph. It was going to be close if I was to get 6 in 50 minutes. I had to up the speed a bit more after mile 5. I can't remember what I increased it to. I know I increased it a few times during that last mile. I really wanted the 6 in 50 minutes. I checked the time after finishing mile 6 - 50:03. It's technically 6 in 50. It wasn't 51 minutes. I'll take it!

Since I had met my goal of 6 in 50, I didn't want to do too much after. I still stretched really good hitting a handful of areas in my quads, IT band, and calves. I hit the BOSU ball for the squats. This time I added a twist on the second set. I did 15 reps, but only came up about 75% of the way. It made my quads cry at the end.

I finished up the workout with some general strength training for the core and upper body. I know I've been seeing progress this year and want to keep using the same formula that's been working. I'm really focusing on as many details as possible to make it through the year without getting injured.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment