Thursday, February 9, 2017

W6D3: Tempo Run Thursday!!

Always a fun day when a tempo run is scheduled. It's not as fun as intervals, but it still is fun helping the body learn about pace and how to control that pace over each mile.

Today's run started with a 1.5 mile warmup at 6.0 mph. I'm starting to get used to the warmups at 6.0 mph. I think it's about the middle of where I should be on the easy pace scale. I'm still able to lipsync to songs while I run, so I know I'm not pushing the pace. After the warmup, I got down to business and got my 3 mile tempo run done. I ran 2 miles at 7.2 mph. I felt like I was pushing it, just a little bit. I kicked things up for the last mile at 7.5. I felt really good during the last mile. I was pushing myself, but still not going all out. I finished up the run workout with a 1.5 mile cooldown at 6.0 mph. I was feeling really good about the effort I gave for today's workout. Hopefully I can not only repeat that next week, but kick it up some too.

Before I called it a day at the gym, I made sure to reward my body with a nice stretching session. It's great seeing progress with how flexible I've been getting. I'm able to touch my toes without struggling. Since I didn't get to do much else on Tuesday, I made use of the BOSU ball and got a few sets of squats in. I'm not using dumbells just yet. I'm still working on having good form and building my way up to increased difficulty.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment