Tuesday, February 7, 2017

W6D2: Rocked Speedy Tuesday

Oh yeah! It's Speedy Tuesday!! The day of the week to get the feet flying and the sweat flowing. I always look forward to this day.

Today's run was 7 total miles. I started out with 1.5 mile warmup at 6.0 mph. Kept things on the easy side since I knew hard work would be coming. The intervals were the fun part today. I ran 6x0.50 intervals at 8.0 mph (speed, speed, speed!) with full recovery in between. I wanted to make sure I was recovered before starting up the next interval. The goal was to help get the legs moving, and help break a mental barrier that I can actually run that fast. It's been a long time since I've been able to keep that pace up for any extended period of time. Felt great!!

Finished up the workout with a nice stretching session. I did a few stretches to help the quads, IT band, calves, and Achilles. Still got the foam roller in to the mix. Made sure to foam roll the quads to help keep them loose and happy. I didn't have time at the gym to hit any weights. That's ok though. I got the hard work done. Got to let the body have some reward for it.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment