Monday, February 13, 2017

W7D1: Back At It Again!

I don't know if I didn't get enough sleep last night. I know when I woke up, I was still really tired and felt sluggish. I still pushed through though to make it to the gym to get the work done. The run was definitely going to be a zombie run - body moves, but brain is sleeping.

I kept things on the light miles side. After getting in 8 miles yesterday, I wanted to get some recovery miles in. I decided to go for 4 miles. I started out at 7.0 mph to get moving. After the first mile, I started to feel more awake and with it. The focus was getting through one mile at a time. When the 3rd mile hit, I upped the pace to 7.2 mph to get that last mile in. I was still under control and focused. I knew I was able to keep this pace up for a mile with no problems. It felt good to finish strong!

I finished up the workout with a really good stretching session. It felt really good to stretch my lower back and quads. Nothing was really sore, but still wanting to do the preventive work now before an injury happens. I did get some strength training in. The focus was on the upper body since I haven't done much of it lately. I added a couple sets of jump-ups onto the elevated platform to help get things well rounded for the day. Doing these remind me of my high school day where coach was big on us doing squats. I'm hoping to keep at it and get back to some of those workouts again.

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment