Saturday, February 11, 2017

W6D5: Getting It Done Early On The Weekend

I didn't get much sleep last night. I think the room was too hot. It's been difficult to judge how cold it's going to be in the bedroom with how this winter has been. I didn't let that stop me from getting to the gym at my usual time to get work done.

Today's run was a 5 mile easy pace run. I wanted to get right into it and get moving. I set the treadmill at 7.0 mph and was off and running. Things were going good. I kept good form, was relaxed and in control. Those three things are what I try to work on every run. The more I keep focus on those now, the better I'll be come race day. After mile 4, I decided to finish strong and kicked the treadmill up to 7.3 mph. The last mile went by fast. I think I was in the 'zone'. I probably could have ran more, but got to keep focus of what the workout is.

I didn't end the workout after the run. No sir. There was still stretching that needed to be done. I made sure to get 5-10 minutes of stretching in, with the focus on my quads and Achilles. Those have been problem areas in the past. Better to be proactive and give them some love before they get angry and get injured.

I finished up with 3 sets of 20 squats on the BOSU ball. I spiced things up some and had my hands behind my head to help with form and force a bit more balance work. It's doing squats like this that remind me of workouts in high school, where coach was big on us doing squats...on his count! Fun times!

Progress is being made - one workout at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment