Friday, December 5, 2014

Celebrating A Good Day With A Workout

It's amazing how much energy you can get from having a good day. I was barely standing still all day at work, but yet was still able to get a lot accomplished. I knew it was going to be a good day to workout.

WARM-UP
Dynamic stretches were done on the way to the treadmill. I don't care if I look silly doing them on the journey to the treadmill. I'm at the gym to do work, not try to look a certain way for people. My warm-up mile seemed to go by quick today. My time was right around the same as it usually was though.



I was soaked with sweat after my warm-up was done. I think a lot of it still has to do with running indoors. I don't mind a good sweat though. It feels good to get a good sweat going. Almost like flushing my body of laziness.

MAIN WORKOUT

Even though I felt really good today and knew I could get 3-4 miles in, I focused on getting 2 in today for the main workout. But...to keep things interesting, I decided to throw some hills into the mix. Nothing too crazy. Just enough to change things up again and keep things interesting. I increased the incline every .25 mile and decreased it every .25 mile.

COOL DOWN

With the fun of the main workout over, I made sure to slow things down and focused on making the cool down do what it's supposed to - help cool down the body. 



Looking at my time for the cool down, it was a bit faster than I planned. I still didn't feel like I was going any where near all out for my cool down. It felt comfortable.

STRETCHING

I did my stretching routine after my cool down. Today though, I focused more on balance and control when switching to different stretches. It's another thing I learned during physical therapy that I had to do to help strengthen my legs.

WEIGHTS

Oh boy. Since I focused on my arms on Wednesday, today was focus on legs day. I think I've got a good leg routine going, where I focus on both legs and then each leg individually. I don't do too many exercises though. And even the ones I do for the individual leg isn't using heavy weight. I use just enough to give my leg resistance and not feel like my form is forced to change.

LAST MILE POWER SONG

Today's LMPS was Tainted Love by Soft Cell. Yeah it's an oldie. There's no denying the beat is good and catchy. For me, the song also reminds me of my high school track days. My indoor track coach would always have this playing on the way to a track meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment