Monday, December 1, 2014

Burn Off Frustration Energy

Today's workout was fueled by missing out on registering for the Bayshore Half Marathon in Traverse City, MI this morning. I didn't expect it to sell out in 19 minutes! Grr!! I was in the middle of trying to register when I found out it reached capacity. I was able to sign up for the 10k instead. I know the marathon still had openings, but I don't think I'd be ready for it. Besides, I want to make sure my mind and body are ready for a full marathon instead of just jumping into one. It's not like it's a 5k where you can typically go out and do one on a few weeks of training.


WARM-UP

I hit the treadmill with a purpose today. I got the treadmill up to 1.0 incline and kicked up the pace. I still kept things in check so I didn't over do it though. It was only the warm-up. I'm still amazed at how much I sweat when running on a treadmill. I was definitely warmed up after the 1.0 mile.



Because the gym was pretty packed, I ended up walking on the treadmill for a couple minutes to prepare myself for the main workout.

MAIN WORKOUT

I knew I didn't have time to get many miles in tonight. I still wanted to get a good workout in, and be able to get home early enough to spend time with my wife. I settled on running 3 miles. I divided it up into getting the first mile out of the way at a good pace. Second mile was just a bit faster. The third mile....well I left everything I had on that treadmill.


COOL DOWN

The start of the cool down was rough. I was beat. I kept telling myself to just make it through 1 more mile and I was done for the day.



STRETCHING

Stretching felt really good. I did the normal stretching routine. So far the stretching routine has served me well. I've been able to take what I learned from physical therapy and keep at it. This means no injuries and no super sore legs.

WEIGHTS

I didn't do too much for weights today. Time crunch made it difficult. I still was able to hit a few leg exercises where I did both legs, then each leg separately. I like breaking up lifting weights with legs this way. It helps focus the lifting on each leg.  

LAST MILE POWER SONG

Today's LMPS was Champ by Ghostface Killah. I found this song searching for gymnastic stretching routines on YouTube. There was a video that had this song playing during the entire stretching routine. There's a really fast guitar riff in it, and it has clips that sound like Mickey and Clubber Lang from Rocky III.

No comments:

Post a Comment