Monday, January 2, 2017

W1D1: First Run Of 2017

This morning was my first run of 2017. I ran 5 easy paced miles at 1% incline on the treadmill. Still working on keeping easy run days at an easy pace. It gets difficult when the time I have to run needs to fit in a tight schedule. Last year, I would increase the pace to make sure I got the miles in within the time I had available to run. This year, I'm working on giving myself some extra time (might mean waking up a little earlier) to make sure I can get the miles in and keep it at an easy pace.

2017 should be a different year for me. I'm coming off a strong 2016, where I ran the entire year (minus time off from injuries). I ended the year with a 5K personal best. That helped give me some encouragement and motivation to attack 2017 with a vengeance. I know I'm capable of running faster than last year. I just need to be smart about my training and make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment