Sunday, January 8, 2017

W1D6: Long Run Day

Wasn't sure I would be able to get a run in today. My daughter was having a rough night and I was trying to help get her back to sleep. Usually if I don't get my run in before she wakes up, I'm not able to get my run in.

This was the first Sunday I was able to get a run in, in a few weeks. The gym was closed on the past two Sundays because of the holidays. I used those days as rest days. This early on in the year, I'll gladly take them if I have to.

I ran 7 easy paced miles. Because I knew the treadmill would try to kick me off after 60 minutes, I split the run up into 2 sets. First set was 5 miles. I stopped the treadmill and started it back up again to get the last 2 miles. I know I could have ran 6 miles before stopping it, but stopping it with 2 miles left helped me mentally to get the run done. It's much easier to finish a run when you have something that changes to help break it up.

The 7 miles today got me to 33 miles for the week. Last time I had weekly mileage in the 30s was back in September 2016. I'm hoping to keep this trend going and stay in the 30s or more this year. Guess it all comes down to training smart and listening to my body. That's easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment