Friday, January 27, 2017

W4D4: Bump Pace Up A Little

The body was feeling good but I knew I still wanted to be smart about my run this morning. I really had to focus on not doing too many miles even though I felt good.

I ran 4 miles at the gym this morning. The first 0.25 mile was at 5.7 mph to help get the body warmed up. Things were feeling good, so I kicked up the speed to 7.0 mph for the next 2.25 miles. I was still feeling good, but didn't want to over do it. I upped the speed to 7.2 for the rest of the run. I did feel comfortable and in control the entire run, and probably could have ran a few more miles - but again, I'm trying to be smart!

I made sure to stretch really good after those glorious miles. Really starting to enjoy being able to not only touch my toes, but able to touch the ground with some stretches. Goes to show what is possible when you keep at it day after day.

To finish the workout, I hit the weights again. Today's focus was on dumbells. I was able to do more weight for the dumbell press! That definitely makes me feel good. Love seeing results like that. Before I was done, I got in some crunches to help get the core stronger. Stronger core will definitely help me with running.

No comments:

Post a Comment