Saturday, January 28, 2017

W4D5: Keeping Momentum Going

Made it to the weekend! Feeling good about making it this far with coming back from injury. Still taking things easy and low miles though. If things go well today and tomorrow I'll get back to more serious training again.

Got to the gym around 6am this morning. Since it was the weekend, I took my time getting out the door. I would have thought with extra time I would have remembered everything for my run. Nope! I forgot my Garmin at home. Hate when that happens. It's not the end of the world though. I'm still able to get on the treadmill and get some miles in.

Since yesterday was a 5 mile run, I made today a 4 mile run. I wanted to get a good run in without pushing it too much after a long run yesterday. I ran the first 0.25 mile at my usual 5.7 mph pace to help wake up the body. The rest of the run was at 7.2 mph. It felt good to get the legs moving. I still didn't feel like I was pushing the pace. I know if things started to feel off, I would just slow it down some to see if that helped.

After the run, I did my stretching and did some strength training. Today was different though. I was watching some of the workouts Stephen Amell was doing and wanted to see if I could do them. The ones I did today had me using weights with the BOSU ball and yoga ball. Not your traditional standing still and lifting weights. I do feel like those workouts kicked my butt though. Might have to try them again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment