Monday, January 16, 2017

W3D1: Back On The Bike

After taking a few days off from any physical activities, I was back at it again this morning. I wanted to give my body some rest to help recover from the battle I had with ice last week. My leg is feeling better. I'm doing a better job of walking normal again.

Since I'm still unable to run, I hit the bike for a 15 mile ride. It felt really good to get the legs moving and get a good sweat going. I kept reminding myself the miles I put in on the bike will help when I am able to get back to running. Bike miles don't equal running miles, but it sure beats sitting around feeling sorry for yourself when you're injured.

I am starting to feel better though. I really want to get back to running again. The only way to make it through race season is to be patient though. I'll be taking the rest of the week off and getting miles in on the bike. I rather go slow with the return to running now than have to take time off during race season.

No comments:

Post a Comment