Tuesday, January 3, 2017

W1D2: Speedy Tuesday

Today was interval day. I first learned about Tuesday's being interval day when I was following the Hansons Half Marathon Method last year. Even though I'm not following the training plan, I still like having interval days on Tuesday. It feels great to get the legs moving fast!

I ran a 1.5 mile warmup to help wake the body up. I made sure to keep it at an easy pace. That was one of the big lessons learned in 2016 - keep easy paces, EASY!

After the warmup, it was time to get down to business. I planned on running 10x0.25 intervals, with 1:30 minute between each interval as recovery time. To help keep count, I ran them in sets of 2 at the same speed on the treadmill. After finishing 2, I increased the speed by 0.2 and ran another 2. The last set I did was a bit of a challenge. I was really looking forward to the recovery time after them.

I finished up the workout with a 1.5 mile cooldown. Again, I made sure to keep it at an easy pace. I was able to get my breathing back under control and focused on my form. I want to keep working on my form when I'm tired to make sure it doesn't change much from when I first run.

No comments:

Post a Comment