Thursday, January 26, 2017

W4D3: Bump The Run Up By A Mile

Got to the gym a bit later than usual, but I still made it. I try to make it to the gym before 5:30 to make sure I have enough time to get a run in and hit the weights.

Since the runs this week were only 4 miles each, I wanted to switch it up and shoot for 5 miles. I started the run at 6.0 mph for the first 0.25 mile. Things were feeling good so I upped the speed to 7.0 mph. I think my legs were happy when I increased the speed. I was able to get into a groove and watch the miles fly by.

I didn't have much time after my run for doing much with weights. I still did a few exercises to help feed the arms and shoulder muscles. I'm definitely not looking to gain bulk though. I'm just looking to help tone up and loose some weight.

Overall, I'm feeling good about how the training has been going this week. I don't plan on doing any speed work or any crazy amount of miles for the test of the week. I keep reminding myself to enjoy the 4-5 mile runs and then move on to next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment