Thursday, January 5, 2017

W1D3: Tempo Run Thursday!

This morning was tempo run day. Just like Tuesday's being interval day, I learned about Thursday's being tempo run day when I was following the Hansons Half Marathon Method. I like how you get Wednesday off between the two hard workout days. Helps the legs rest a bit before the tempo run on Thursday.

I ran a mile warmup thinking I had turned my Garmin on. Only to find out I forgot to turn it on. Oops! That was the first time that has happened in a long time. I made sure it was turned on and ran another mile warmup.

The tempo run was 2 miles at my 5K goal pace. This was 7,5 speed on the treadmill. I was able to keep my form and breathing under control during the entire run. I'm planning on running a 5K in March and another 5K in April. Since these are the first two races of the year, I want to focus my training on that race distance.

The cooldown was 2 miles to give me 5 total miles for the day. Usually would do a 1.5 mile cooldown, but wanted to get that extra 0.50 that I lost from the warmup to give me a nice round number for the total miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment