Saturday, January 7, 2017

W1D5: Easy Run Day

*Didn't have time to post about yesterday's run. Busy day. It happens*

It's the weekend. Most people sleep in, at least a couple hours. I don't. I still woke up at the same time I do during the work week and made my way to the gym. I don't mind it much any  more. I'm able to get my run in without being rushed to run faster or to cut it short.

I ran 4 easy paced miles and kept things under control the entire run. It gets very tempting to increase the pace when you know you can run faster than the pace you are. I keep reminding myself that it's good to run easy and still have that hunger to run faster. That will help me come race day.

Today's run was the first run in my new kicks. My current shoes had over 300 miles on them. I know I might have been able to get more miles out of them. I don't like to chance it. I want to make sure I have enough cushion, padding, and support needed during my run so I don't risk injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment