Tuesday, January 31, 2017

W5D2: Yes! It's Speedy Tuesday!!

Keeping with how I trained for half marathons last year, Tuesday is interval day or speedy day. I like how it's on a Tuesday and you have Wednesday off to recover.

Today's workout was fun. I remembered to bring everything with me to the gym. It wasn't until I got to the gym and looked at my Garmin to see it was still showing the sync screen. I was pushing buttons trying to get it back to normal. After a few minutes of frustration I looked up how to reset it online - which did work. I was thinking I was set and ready to use it for my run. Nope! I guess after it resets it needs to sync with satellites first. I was already on the treadmill and didn't want to go to the gym door and wait for it to sync. I ran without it being synced. Which is ok. I still got my run in!

I started the workout with a 1 mile warm-up at 6.0 mph on the treadmill. Felt really good and was ready to get the fun started. Ran 10 x 0.25 mile intervals with a minute recovery in between. Mentally I broke the intervals up into sets of 2. First set was at 7.2 mph, second at 7.5 mph, third at 7.8, forth at 8.1 mph and last at 8.3 mph. Finished up the workout with a 1 mile cool-down.

After the run, I did some core work and strength training. I broke out the BOSU ball to get some squats in. Did 3 sets of 15 without weights. My balance is getting much better too. I wasn't as shaky on the BOSU as I was when I first started. I finished up with some HIT work with weights and some core work.

No comments:

Post a Comment