Monday, January 9, 2017

W2D1: Easy Run Day

Rough start to the day. My snooze button on my alarm clock didn't work (yeah I still have an actual alarm clock and not just use my phone). I had turned the alarm clock off accidentally and slept in a bit longer than I had hoped. Thought I had everything together for the day when I headed out the door. Didn't get too far before I had to turn around and head back to the house to get my Garmin. Still made it to the gym though - no excuses!

Since yesterday was my first long run in a few weeks and tomorrow is interval day, I kept things on the easy side this morning. I ran 4 miles at an easy pace. On easy run days, it's not always about the pace, it's about getting the miles in. It felt great to get those miles in and start getting things swinging back on the positive side this morning.

After the run, I took extra time with stretching. I could feel my legs were a little stiff from the past two days of running. I wanted to do what I could to give them the attention they deserved. They did help carry me through 11 miles of running the past two days!

Before calling it a day, I hit the weights for my upper body and got some core work in. I don't over-do it with the weights. I do a few sets of different exercises with light weights to help get things toned up some. I know doing this will help me with each run, and especially on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment