Friday, January 20, 2017

W3D4: Almost Time For Running Miles Again

Starting to feel normal again. I'm able to walk without pain. Been really itching to let my legs try running again. But...I still hit the bike this morning. I want to have a couple days of no pain, walking normal before doing that. Always better to play it safe and take a few more days off, than to rush it and be forced to take another week off.

Switched things up this morning. I rode the bike for 10 miles. The focus was trying to get my overall time per mile down below 3 minutes. I think it averages out to 120 RPM on the bikes at the gym. It can be tough to keep that pace going for a long time. I was able to do it though!

After the bike, I made sure to stretch and even used the foam roller! I know the foam roller works and have used it before in the past. I wanted to use it on my quads and IT band area to help keep my legs loose and get them ready for the return to running.

Overall, I'm feeling good about how I handled this little setback. You can never prepare for when an injury happens. Not all injuries will be related to running either. You can sit around and feel sorry for yourself, or get off your butt and start injury recovery to get your feet back on the road again.

No comments:

Post a Comment