Tuesday, January 17, 2017

W3D2: Fast Miles On The Bike

Another morning at the gym where I hit the bike. Not what I wanted to do, but what I needed to do. I'm still patiently waiting for my leg to get better so I can start logging running miles again. One step at a time though.

To help keep things interesting, I rode 12 miles at a fast pace on the bike. My goal was to get as many sub 3 minute miles in as I could. I think most of them hit that goal.

I took the extra time I had at the gym and got some good stretching in and hit the weights. I know some people say stretching can be bad and that's why runners get injured. I stick to what my experience with physical therapists have done with me when I've gone to them when injured. If it works, gotta stick with it.

I am able to walk normally again. I'm thinking the time away from running, getting bike miles in, and stretching really good have helped. If things go well, I'm hoping to get back to running this weekend. Still no rush though. If things don't feel right I'll take another couple days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment