Tuesday, January 10, 2017

W2D2: Speedy Tuesday

Fun drive to the gym this morning. Roads weren't plowed and had a nice build up of snow. Glad I had the truck to drive. I put it in 4x4 and slowly made my way in. I didn't go faster than 20mph. Nobody was on the road, so I didn't mind.

Today is Speedy Tuesday! I was feeling a bit tired and sluggish, but knew I had to get some intervals in. Since last week's were 0.25, I decided to switch things up and make today's 0.50. With the intervals being longer, it made it easier to keep track of which one I was running too.

Before the intervals started I ran a 1.5 mile warmup to help get the body ready for the interval work. I did keep the pace real easy since I wanted to unleash my legs during the intervals.

The intervals went well. I did the first set of 2 at 7.7mph, second set at 8.0mph and last set at 8.3mph. I was really starting to feel it during the last set. I still had things in control, but could tell I was going at a fast pace.

Overall, I feel really good about today's workout. I didn't think I was going to make it through all the intervals when I started. I'm glad I pushed through and survived. It helped knowing tomorrow is an off day. I'm able to give my body some rest before getting back at it again on Thursday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment