Thursday, January 12, 2017

W2D3: No Tempo Run Thursday

I hate winter. Not a big fan of the time of year when there is slush or ice and your foot can slip when walking. Had that happen yesterday. Was walking to my truck and my foot slipped a little bit. It caused my right leg to turn outwards a little bit and tweak my groin muscle. Fun times! I'm ok though. I'm a bit stiff when I walk, but still able to walk. I plan on taking the rest of the week off to hit the bike and stretch to help it heal.

I did make it to the gym this morning. It was tough getting motivation to go since I knew this was the first day in awhile where I was planning to run, but couldn't. I rode the bike for 15 miles at a fast pace. It did feel really good to get the legs moving and get a good sweat going. Still doesn't compare to running though. I'll take what I can get at this point. It sure beats sitting at home feeling sorry for myself.

It's still really early in the year and race season isn't here yet. I would rather take the time now to get my body right, instead of pushing through and having bad races. It's never easy to not run, when that's what you crave to get you through the week. Hopefully I only have a few days of being 'smart' and taking some time off from running, so I can get my body 100% and get back at it with training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment