Tuesday, January 24, 2017

W4D2: Back To Back Run Days!

Back to back run days! Feels so good to get that accomplished. I didn't think I'd be able to get a run in this morning since I got out of bed later than usual too.

Was originally going to run only 3 miles. I was looking at the time and knew I could squeeze in 4 if I picked up the pace a little bit. I ran the first mile at 6.0 mph and the last 3 miles at 7.0 mph. I didn't want to push the pace too much. I know 7.0 mph is where I was prior to injury for my easy runs. It didn't feel too difficult this morning. Will see how the body reacts to it tomorrow.

After my run, I got some good stretching in. It's now routine for me to spend 5-10 minutes stretching after each run. I switch up the stretches and don't always do the same ones. I usually target the areas that have given me problems in the past or that might be a bit tender after the run.

Hoping my body reacts well to these two days of running. Tomorrow is an off day (no gym). I know that will help give the body some rest so I can get back at it again on Thursday morning. One day at a time and I'll get back to where I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment