Monday, January 23, 2017

W4D1: Got Running Miles In!

Finally! I was able to get some running miles in this morning. It felt weird to get on the treadmill instead of getting on the bike. Definitely not complaining though. I love having the option of riding the bike when I'm not able to run. Those miles just don't compare to running miles though.

Since it was my first run in over a week, I made sure to take things slow and easy. I ran 4 miles at 6.0 mph on the treadmill. First mile was a bit shaky. I was trying to get my running legs back. My legs remembered how to run the last 3 miles.

After the run, I made sure to get a good stretch in. I wanted to help keep things loose and get them ready for tomorrow's run. Continuing with that trend, I hit the weights again to help strengthen my upper body.

For something new, I did 3 sets of 12 squats on the BOSU ball. I had to do those when I was recovering from injury a few years ago. Definitely not an easy thing to do! It requires a lot of balance. I was a bit shaky on both the up and down. I'm thinking of incorporating these into a few workouts to help strengthen the legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment